HOW ALCOHOL AFFECTS SKIN
One of the biggest affects that alcohol can have on the body is dehydration, which manifests on your skin as dryness and a dull, ruddy tone. As nutritionist Jairo Rodriguez told Vogue, alcohol takes all the fluid out of the skin, which can lead to more wrinkles, and it also inflames the tissue – causing redness in the skin. This is exacerbated by the lack of sleep you experience after a night out, with sleep deprivation affecting collagen growth, skin hydration and skin texture.
Glasses of champagne on metal tray
TIPS FOR BRIGHTENING DULL SKIN
1. Slept in your makeup? We’ve all been there. Use a cream cleanser to gently remove makeup and surface debris. Our Replenishing Cleansing Lotion is gentle and replenishing, plus it helps calm the skin if you’re feeling a bit of sensitivity.
2. After cleansing, spritz a facial mist (our Purely White Skin Brightening Mist helps to hydrate and restore glowing skin) and increase skin hydration further with Activating Water Essence.
3. Apply a serum and restore skin moisture with a rich cream such as our Moisture Replenishing Day Cream or a face oil, and brighten the eye area with Purely White Skin Brightening Eye Correcting Cream. Eyes still not looking their best? Read our guide to get rid of tired-looking eyes.
4. To brighten skin, avoid artificial whitening ingredients in favour of natural ingredients (such as Kakadu Plum Extract, which can be found in our Purely White range) which reduce discolouration and provide vital nourishment to your skin.
5. For a natural way to brighten skin, hydrate from within. Aim to drink 2L of eater every day, especially after a night out.
6. Catch up on the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep a night as soon as possible.
7. Prevention is better than damage control. Try and keep up with your skin care ritual morning and night to nourish your skin, helping you to bounce back quicker after a big night. Discover our guide to the Jurlique skin care ritual for our recommended skin care routine.