WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are natural oils made from highly concentrated plant extracts. They’re strong, potent and powerful, meaning a couple of drops go a long way, so should be handled carefully. Most essential oils should be diluted with a base – or carrier - oil such as Jojoba Carrier Oil if you’re applying them directly to the skin or even in the bath – this helps to prevent any skin reactions and also helps the body to absorb the oil more effectively. Dilutions can vary depending on the essential oil you’re using but generally, aim for six drops of essential oil per ounce of carrier.
Woman putting essential oil on hand
HOW TO USE ESSENTIAL OILS
1. Mix with water in a spray bottle and mist over furniture or bed linen
2. Add a few drops to a warm bath
3. Diffuse essential oil with a diffuser or vaporiser
4. Apply to the wrist, temples, feet or behind ears (make sure it’s diluted first)
5. Inhale by adding a couple of drops to tissue and breathing in deeply
Brown glass bottles on table with shadows
WHICH ESSENTIAL OIL IS RIGHT FOR YOU
Different essential oils come with their own characteristics and benefits. Along with having unique scents, they can help with energy levels, stress and aiding relaxation. Whatever you want to use essential oils, here’s what we recommend:
• To feel relaxed: Lavender Pure Essential Oil or Tranquil Blend Essential Oil
• To improve wellbeing: Rose Pure Essential Oil or Comforting Blend Essential Oil
• To feel balanced: Harmony Blend Essential Oil or Bergamot Pure Essential Oil
• To feel refreshed and revitalised: Tea Tree Pure Essential Oil or Revitalising Blend Essential Oil
• To help with concentration and focus: Rosemary Pure Essential Oil
Scent is strongly tied with emotion and memory, so try different essential oils to find which one works for you. Shop our full range of pure essential oils here.